Tenants, property owners and property agents have access to the online bond management system called MyBond.
What does this mean for you?
In MyBond you can:
- pay your bond online or at a Service Tasmania shop (Note: cheques are not accepted by the Rental Deposit Authority)
- claim a bond online
- dispute a bond claim online
- approve a claim against your bond contribution
- update your contact details
What do you need to do?
If you are a new tenant, you will need to register an account with MyBond.
- Go to www.cbos.tas.gov.au
- Follow the links which will take you to the MyBond login page
- Select Tenant and follow the prompts
- You will need to have your mobile and/or email handy so we can send you a verification code
If you do not have an email address or mobile number, please phone Rental Services on 1300 654 499 for assistance with your MyBond account.
Note: your property agent can assist you with creating an account as part of the bond lodgement process.
Training tools and resources
- How to log in (YouTube)
- How to register (YouTube)
- How to pay your bond contribution (YouTube)
- How to approve or dispute a bond claim (YouTube)
- Tenant - My Bonds page (YouTube)
Quick help guides
- Registering as a new tenant with MyBond (PDF, 168.7 KB)
- Tenant - logging into MyBond (PDF, 190.4 KB)
- Tenant - claiming MyBond contribution
- Tenant - approving or disputing a bond claim (PDF, 176.3 KB)
- Tenant - updating details in MyBond (PDF, 211.7 KB)
You can read the Fact Sheet - MyBond - new tenants (PDF, 147.7 KB)
We can help you
- Call Rental Services on 1300 654 499
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.