Licence applicants who were trained outside Australia are required to demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge necessary to be granted a licence or certificate.
When in Australia you need to:
- get an off-shore Technical Skills Record by presenting your trade qualifications and work history to VETASSESS (external link)
- get a Trade Recognition Service Assessment from Trades Recognition Australia (external link)
- contact TasTafe (external link) or other registered training organisation to get a training plan to bring your qualifications up to Australian standards.
Different licence types need different information, so it is important to read the licence page that best matches your occupation before you start to apply for your licence in Tasmania.
- Electrical provisional licence
- Plumbing provisional licence
- Gas-fitting provisional licence
- Auto gas-fitting provisional licence