When purchasing products through an Australian Business online, consumers have the same refund rights as they do when buying from a physical shop. Any item they buy is covered by ‘consumer guarantees’.
Australian businesses and companies that trade online can include:
- supermarkets and department stores
- a registered business or company, such as a jeweller with an online store
- an individual selling items on eBay or other online auction houses who:
- lists an Australian Business Number (ABN) or company name in their advertising,
- has a high volume of items for sale, or
- has been trading for a number of years.