Prepaid funeral disputes

If you are a contributor to the prepaid funeral trust or the funeral trust agreement was set up for you, you can apply to the Magistrates Court of Tasmania if there is a dispute about:

  • the cancelation of a prepaid funeral agreement
  • any withdrawal from a funeral trust
  • the amount given for funeral services.

The magistrate may make:

  • an order for the payment of money from a funeral service and
  • any consequential orders.
Updated: 28 May 2020