Within two months of the formation meeting, you must submit:
- the completed Application to register a co-operative (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- two copies of the rules signed by the chair and secretary of the formation meeting certifying that they were approved
- a copy of any disclosure statement. This must be signed by the chairperson and secretary of the formation meeting, certifying that it was presented
- the applicable application fee
- post forms and attachments to Consumer, Building and Occupational Services, PO Box 56, Rosny Park TAS 7018.
Processing time depends on whether we need to obtain further information or legal advice.
Your registration will come into effect on the date your Co-operative is registered.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.