This section provides information about gas appliance and component safety alerts issued by Gas Standards and Safety and product recalls issued by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Consumers and gas-fitters are encouraged to keep up to date of emerging gas appliance and component safety issues and follow any instructions provided by Gas Standards and Safety, ACCC, manufacturers and suppliers.
Recent product alerts and recalls
- Electroulux Home Products Pty Ltd - Westinghouse Black Tempered Glass Gas Cooktop (external link)
- Fluidra Group Australia Pty Ltd - AstralPool HiNRG, ICI and Viron eVo Gas Swimming Pool Heaters (external link)
- AMH Products Ltd - Adria Coral Motorhomes 660DU, Coral Plus DU, Coral 660 SCS, Coral Plus 660 SCS and Coral XL 660 SCS (external link)
- Mayo Hardware - Grillman Gas Safety Shut Off Valve and Grillman Gas Safety Shut Off Valve with Hose and Regulator (external link)
- Pacific Gas & Heating P/L - Chant Gas Hose Assembly model A003 - attached to Jumbuck Stardom 4 Burner BBQ model HS-884502 - sold through Bunnings Warehouse stores between 5 Aug 2019 and 23 January 2020
- Coast RV P/L - Suburban Recreational Vehicle water heaters powered by gas - sold between 4 April 2018 and 26 September 2019 (external link)
- Fireplace Products Australia Pty Ltd — Regency F38/FG38 Open Flued Gas Log Fireplace (Natural Gas Only) (external link)
- Fireplace Products Australia — Regency i.31 Open Flued Gas Log Fireplace (external link)
- Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd — Open Flued Space Heater Real Flame Pyrotech (external link)
- Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd — Open Flued Space Heater Nectre 2000
- Rinnai Symmetry Inbuilt Gas Log Effect Space Heater
- Online purchases
Browse all gas product recalls
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.