- Leave the property in the same condition it was in at the beginning of the lease.
- Use your ingoing condition report, and take photographs when you have finished.
- Hire a professional carpet cleaner and keep a copy of the receipt.
- Do not hire a steam cleaning machine to do it yourself.
- Make sure all belongings and rubbish are removed from the property.
- Make sure the gardens are in the same state as when you moved in.
- You are responsible for weeding, mowing and edging, not for pruning. If you have sprayed weeds, these need to be removed.
Tenant advocacy and support
There are independent advocacy support services available which protect the rights of people with disability. CBOS also helps clients who require extra support managing their MyBond account. Read more information on tenant advocacy and support using MyBond.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.