Lodge an enquiry
CBOS can provide advice on the following topics:
- Consumers - buying products and services
- Occupational licensing and registrations
- Registering to Work with Vulnerable People
- Clubs, associations and fundraising
- Trade standards (building, electrical, plumbing, gas)
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
- Telephone: 1300 654 499
- Fax: (03) 6173 0205
National Relay Service (NRS)
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call us through the NRS
- TTY users: call 133 677, and ask for 1300 13 55 13
- Speak & Listen users (speech-to-speech relay): call 1300 555 727, and ask for 1300 13 55 13
- Internet relay users: connect to the NRS via the National Relay Service website (external link), and ask for
1300 13 55 13
Consumer, Building and Occupational Services
PO Box 56
Rosny Park TAS 7018
CBOS Burnie office has moved to Devonport
The CBOS office on the North West Coast has moved to a new location and has a new postal address:
Street: 8 Griffiths Street, Devonport
Postal: PO Box 208, Devonport TAS 7310
All other contact details remain the same.
Provide feedback about our services
We welcome comments, compliments, complaints or suggestions about our services.
- or call 1300 654 499
All details included in your complaint or feedback will be kept confidential.
If you are not satisfied with how we have responded to your feedback, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Tasmanian Ombudsman.
The Tasmanian Ombudsman is an independent officer of the Tasmanian Parliament who investigates complaints about state and local government services. For more information, visit Ombudsman Tasmania (external link) or call 1800 001 170 (Free call from a landline nationally - call charges may apply from a mobile or pay phone).
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.