Authorised officers from Consumer, Building and Occupational Services are allowed to conduct random checks on a security agent business to make sure you are complying with the law.
An authorised officer can:
- request you produce your licence
- request you give your name, address and date of birth
- enter at any reasonable time at any place where they believe:
- an unlicensed activity is being or has been undertaken
- a Crowd Control Register is being kept
- require any person to provide any relevant information, including financial and other confidential information
- gain access to, and take copies of, any relevant documents and registers.
You must comply with the requests of an authorised officer or risk being fined.