Authorised officers from Consumer, Building and Occupational Services are allowed to conduct random checks on a security agent business to make sure you are complying with the law.
An authorised officer can:
- request you produce your licence
- request you give your name, address and date of birth
- enter at any reasonable time at any place where they believe:
- an unlicensed activity is being or has been undertaken
- a Crowd Control Register is being kept
- require any person to provide any relevant information, including financial and other confidential information
- gain access to, and take copies of, any relevant documents and registers.
You must comply with the requests of an authorised officer or risk being fined.
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.