Tenants, property owners and property agents have access to the online bond management system called MyBond.
What does this mean for property agents?
In MyBond you can:
- lodge a bond online, the RDA will no longer accept paper bond lodgement forms
- pay your bonds in bulk online, or, advise your tenants that they can now pay online
- claim a bond online
- dispute a bond claim online, including the ability to upload evidence directly to the system
- view all of your bonds by status, e.g. active, in dispute, awaiting payment
- transfer the management of a bond to another agency or owner
- transfer a tenant out of a property and transfer a new tenant in, without the need to lodge an entirely new bond
- download bond status report’s to assist with reconciliation
- add as many system users to your agency account as required, with the ability to adjust staff security access as necessary and archive staff if they leave
- assign bonds to property managers so they receive bond notifications related to the properties they are managing.
- update your agency contact details
Note: only property agencies registered with the Property Agents Board (PAB) can take and pay bonds online. If your agency is not registered with the PAB, your tenant must pay online or at Service Tasmania shop.
What do you need to do?
Your agency will be pre-registered in MyBond.
To log into MyBond - System administrator
- Go to www.cbos.tas.gov.au
- The system administrator can log in using their email address and activate your agency account
- The system administrator can add more staff to the system
- Each staff member will receive a unique login and password
Tip: save the link as a bookmark or to your desktop
Training tools and resources
- How to log in (YouTube)
- How to lodge a bond (YouTube)
- How to claim a bond and dispute a bond claim (YouTube)
- Updating Agency details and adding staff members to MyBond (YouTube)
- Searching for a bond (YouTube)
- Bond Management Transfers (YouTube)
- Bulk Payments (YouTube)
Quick help guides
- How to register for MyBond (PDF, 185.8 KB)
- How to lodge a bond (PDF, 178.0 KB)
- How to claim a bond (PDF, 176.5 KB)
- Updating business details and managing staff (PDF, 178.8 KB)
- How to approve/dispute a bond claim (PDF, 145.5 KB)
- How to make bulk payments (PDF, 165.7 KB)
- How to transfer tenants - swap (PDF, 592.2 KB)
- How to transfer tenant - variation (PDF, 606.4 KB)
- How to transfer the management of a bond to another agent or owner (PDF, 143.7 KB)
You can read the Fact Sheet - MyBond - property agents (PDF, 161.9 KB)