From 1 May 2019 tenants, property owners and property agents will have access to the new online bond management system called MyBond.
What does this mean for property agents?
From 1 May, you will be able to:
- Lodge a bond online, the RDA will no longer accept paper bond lodgement forms
- Pay your bonds in bulk online, or, advise your tenants that they can now pay online
- Claim a bond online
- Dispute a bond claim online, including the ability to upload evidence directly to the system
- View all of your bonds by status, e.g. active, in dispute, awaiting payment
- Transfer the management of a bond to another agency or owner
- Transfer a tenant out of a property and transfer a new tenant in, without the need to lodge an entirely new bond
- Download bond status report’s to assist with reconciliation
- Add as many system users to your agency account as required, with the ability to adjust staff security access as necessary and archive staff if they leave
- Assign bonds to property managers so they receive bond notifications related to the properties they are managing.
- Update your agency contact details
Note: only property agencies registered with the Property Agents Board (PAB) can take and pay bonds online. If your agency is not registered with the PAB, your tenant must pay online or at Service Tasmania.
What do you need to do?
- Your agency will be pre-registered in MyBond.
To login from 1 May 2019 - System administrator
- Go to www.cbos.tas.gov.au
- The system administrator can login using their email address and activate your agency account
- The system administrator can add more staff to the system
- Each staff member will receive a unique login and password
Tip: save the link as a bookmark or to your desktop
Training tools and resources
Consumer, Building and Occupational Services will be holding a virtual forum on 4th April at 8.30am – 9.30am. A link to register for the forum will be sent to all agencies in March 2019.
The virtual forum will be completely online, once registered you just need to click the link that will be sent to you and watch the forum from your desk or smart device. You can ask questions and receive answers in real time. The forum will also be posted to the CBOS website for later viewing.
To assist you with using the new system, video modules and quick help guides will be available on the CBOS website from 1 May.
You can read the Fact Sheet - MyBond - property agents (pdf, 161.9 KB)
Note: the Rental Guide is currently being updated and will be available at www.cbos.tas.gov.au from 1 May 2019