Tenants, property owners and property agents have access to the online bond management system called MyBond.
What does this mean for you?
In MyBond you can:
- lodge a bond online - the RDA will no longer accept paper bond lodgement forms
- advise your tenants that they can now pay their bond online (Note: cheques are no longer accepted by the Rental Deposit Authority)
- claim a bond online
- dispute a bond claim online, including the ability to upload evidence directly to the system
- approve a bond claim online
- view all of your bonds by status, e.g. active, in dispute, awaiting payment
- transfer the management of a bond to another agency or owner
- transfer a tenant out of a property and transfer a new tenant in, without the need to lodge an entirely new bond
- update your contact details
What do you need to do?
If you have active bonds, prior to 1 May 2019, you will be pre-registered in MyBond.
To log into MyBond
- Log into MyBond using your email address at www.cbos.tas.gov.au and follow the links
- If you can't log in or do not know your email address, please contact us on 1300 654 499.
Training tools and resources
- How to log in to MyBond (YouTube)
- How to lodge a bond (YouTube)
- How to claim a bond and dispute a bond claim (YouTube)
- Bond Management Transfer (YouTube)
- Updating My Details (YouTube)
- Searching for a bond (YouTube)
Quick help guides
- How to register for MyBond (PDF, 148.0 KB)
- How to lodge a bond (PDF, 155.9 KB)
- How to claim a bond (PDF, 153.6 KB)
- How to update your details in MyBond (PDF, 124.1 KB)
- Updating tenancy end dates (PDF, 175.0 KB)
- How to transfer the management of a property to another agent or owner (PDF, 144.6 KB)
- How to approve or dispute a bond claim (PDF, 152.9 KB)
- How to transfer tenants - swap (PDF, 592.0 KB)
- How to transfer tenants - variation (PDF, 603.9 KB)
You can read the Fact Sheet - MyBond - property owners (PDF, 151.3 KB)
Do you need more help?
- Call us on 1300 654 499
- Visit your nearest Service Tasmania shop