In Tasmania electrical work must be notified to TechSafe Australia.
A Certificate of Electrical Compliance (CEC) is the usual notification method. This is the blue copy in the CEC book.
You have 3 days for notification of electrical work that is left either energised or capable of being energised.
Like for like replacement and repairs to an electrical installation or equipment are not required to be notified.
The drop box for Certificates of Electrical Compliance (CECs) can be found below:
- Henty House, 1 Civic Square, Launceston (drop box is at the rear entrance of the building in the laneway, near the sliding doors) or the ground floor concierge at Henty House during business hours.
- 28 Reibey Street, Ulverstone.
- 2 Jannah Court, Mornington.
Alternatively you can submit CECs via:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to PO Box 1666 Mornington TAS 7018
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.