Cash back offers are a type of discount where instead of marking down prices, the goods are sold at the same price with an offer to return money after buying. These offers are limited in time and have special conditions consumers have to meet to get the money. It’s illegal for businesses to offer rebates, gifts or prizes without intending to provide them, or not providing them as offered.
If you decide to buy a product and apply for the cash back offer, check:
- the expiry date
- waiting times to receive the offer
- evidence required and steps you need to take to get the money
- complete the form carefully
- keep copies of all documents as proof
- compare prices before committing to a cash back deal.