High voltage and hazardous area notification of electrical work

Electrical work performed on a privately owned high voltage electrical installations must be certified by an electrical engineer as well as notified to TechSafe.

A TechSafe electrical inspector must receive and accept a Certificate of Electrical Compliance before high voltage and hazardous area electrical work is energised.

A site dossier (which is a collection of relevant electrical documents and certificates relating to equipment installed on the site) must be completed before certifying electrical work is compliant in a hazardous area.

Related information

Occupational Licensing (Private High-Voltage Electrical Work – Certification and Energisation) Determination 2016