You must only hire a person or business authorised to provide security services. Any person or company hired to provide security services must:
- be licenced
- have the correct licence activity endorsed on their licence.
Checking a licence
Anyone authorised to provide security services is issued with a licence. Ask them to show you their licence and make sure they are authorised to perform the required work. The licence has:
- a photograph of the person
- the person's name
- licence number
- expiry date
- the activities the person is licensed to undertake.
Examples where licensed security may be required
- trade shows
- general shows or fairs
- sporting events
- business or social functions
- general public gatherings (e.g. demonstrations).