Lodge an enquiry

CBOS can provide advice on the following topics:

If you have read information on our website and are still unable to resolve your problem, you can contact us.

Problems with products or services

If you have a query relating to a dispute about a faulty product or unsatisfactory service, you need to go back and speak with trader before lodging an online enquiry. You can use the complaint letter template (DOC, 34.5 KB) when writing to a trader.

CBOS has developed some information about resolving a problem or complaint.  We also have advice on resolving building disputes about building work issues or disputes with licence holders.

What to include

Provide as much relevant information as possible so that we can give you the best advice. Here are some information suggestions for you to include in your enquiry. You can also attached copies of any supporting documents.

  • Dates - include important dates such as when you bought a product, paid for a service, signed a lease
  • Names - include names such as business name or landlord/property agent
  • Contact information - provide the most suitable way for us to contact you (email, phone number or post)
  • Address - if this is important to your enquiry, make sure you include the correct address
  • Registration number - if you have a unique number which relates to your enquiry (for example a licence or registration number) include this in the email if possible

Lodge an enquiry

CBOS is currently developing a new online form. Until the new form is completed, your enquiry will come to us as an email.

We will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.

Updated: 08 Apr 2021

This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.