An Employee Licence is valid for 3 years and allows you to work for someone who holds an agent individual or an agent body corporate licence.
How to apply
- Complete an Application for an Employee Licence form (pdf, 257.2 KB) (pdf, 257.2 KB)
- Lodge at any Service Tasmania shop with:
- evidence you have successfully completed all the required training units (this evidence must be attached to the application form)
- proof of identity documents (primary and secondary)
- a National Personal Insolvency Index (bankrupcy report) (for commercial sub-agents only)
- 2 passport photos which have been witnessed by an adult who has known the applicant for at least 12 months
See the list of current fees for security agent licences
Licence activities you can apply for
An employee with the appropriate training can apply for the following activites to be added to their licence and work under an employer who has the activity endorsed on their licence:
- crowd control
- security general guarding
- security guarding with dog
- security guarding with firearm
- monitoring room operator
- commercial sub-agent
How long do I have to wait to get my licence?
- A properly completed application form should take approximately 6 weeks.
- An incomplete application form or one that requires further investigation will take longer and the delay will depend on what information is needed.
- You are unable to work or operate within the security industry without a current licence identification card.
Training and qualifications
- Search for training and qualification requirements which vary depending on the licence activity
Search for a training provider
- Find and compare courses and locations of nationally-accredited training from registered training providers
What you will get
- A plastic photographic licence
- A paper certificate