The Security and Investigations Agents Act 2002 requires all applicants to be fingerprinted.
- The fee for fingerprinting must be paid at the time of lodging the security licence application form.
- Service Tasmania will issue a receipt. Keep your receipt.
- Attend any police station to have your fingerprints taken. Photographic identification must also be presented.
- You MUST take your receipt with you to the police station. If you don't, your fingerprints will not be taken and this could delay the processing of your application.
- Your fingerprints will be sent to Consumer, Building and Occupational Services as part of the application process.
- If you don't live in Tasmania you will need to be fingerprinted and get a National Police and Fingerprint Check from the Police in the State or Territory where you live.
If you live interstate
- Get a certified copy of the National Police and Fingerprint Check from the Police in the State or Territory where you live.
- The report needs to be issued within the last 4 weeks from the date of lodgement of your licence application.
If you live overseas
- Get the equivalent of an Australian Criminal Record from the country where you live.
- The report needs to be issued within 4 weeks from the lodgement date of your application.
- Get a certified copy of your fingerprint check from the Australian Federal Police
Proving your identity
You must prove your identity by providing at least on primary document and one or more secondary documents.