An Agent individual licence is valid for 3 years and allows you to:
- employ staff
- work for yourself
- operate your own business
- work for a business or company
How to apply
- Complete an Application for an Agent Individual Licence form (pdf, 269.9 KB)
- Lodge at any Service Tasmania shop with:
- evidence you have successfully completed all the required training units (this evidence must be attached to the application form)
- proof of identity documents (primary and secondary)
- National Personal Insolvency Index (bankruptcy report)
- 2 passport photos that have been witnessed by an adult who has known the applicant for at least 12 months
See the list of current fees for security agent licences
Licence activities you can apply for
An agent can apply for the following activities to be added to the licence:
- crowd control
- security general guarding
- security guarding with dog
- security guarding with firearm
- monitoring room operator
- commercial agent
- inquiry agent
How long do I have to wait to get my licence?
- A properly completed application form should take approximately 6 weeks.
- An incomplete application form or one that requires further investigation will take longer and the delay will depend on what information is needed.
- You are unable to work or operate within the security industry without a current licence identification card.
Training and qualifications
- Search for training and qualification requirements which vary depending on the licence activity
Search for a training provider
- Find and compare courses and locations of nationally-accredited training from registered training providers
What you will get
- A plastic photographic licence
- A paper certificate