2022 - 08 Mar 2023NCC - How the PCA works 12:01am - 12:01am This is an online course and can be undertaken at any time. CPD Points: 2
Presented by: Australian Building Codes Board
This one-hour course provides guidance on how to ensure your work complies with the Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA).
The course explores PCA, its structure, content, role and relationship to jurisdictional legislation, the other NCC volumes and referenced documents (particularly the AS/NZS 3500 standards).
Whether you’re a new practitioner, or have been practising for many years, this course will benefit you and covers content in the 2019 (current) version of the NCC.
This course includes 3 chapters, which cover:
- Understanding the big picture
- A plumbing scenario on applying the PCA in change of use of a building
- Demonstrating compliance
The course also explains how the PCA links to the Building Code of Australia (BCA), the use of Performance Solutions, and commonly asked questions and related provisions.
Some prior knowledge in the practical application of the NCC is assumed.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain how the PCA is given legal effect.
- Understand the relationship between the PCA and other Volumes of the NCC.
- Understand how to interpret and comply with the PCA.
- Describe how the PCA applies to the design, construction, installation, replacement, repair, and alteration of plumbing systems.
Cost : $44.00 for a limited time then $55.00