8 - 11 November 2021Installation and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas 8 November 2021 08:00am - 04:30pm NHP Electrical, 29B Lampton Avenue, Derwent Park. CPD Points: 24 Region South Four Day Course
Presented by: Competency Training
Facilitator : Dale Williams
This Installation and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas course offers participants the opportunity to attain nationally recognised competencies that meet the requirements of AS/NZS 4761 Competencies for working with electrical equipment for hazardous areas (EEHA).
The Installation and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas course covers the following topics in detail:
- Equipment installation requirements
- Legal requirements and Australian Standards Principles of hazardous areas classification
- Procedures for breakdowns and maintenance
- Testing procedures
- Visual inspection
- Detailed inspection Record keeping Access and permit procedures for use in hazardous areas
- Explosion-protection techniques, including: Dust protection by enclosure (Ex tD) Flameproof (Ex d) Increased Safety (Ex e) Intrinsic Safety (Ex i) Pressurisation (Ex p) Ventilation (Ex v) Encapsulation (Ex m) Non-Sparking (Ex n) Oil Immersion (Ex o) Powder Filling (Ex q) Special Protection (Ex s) Mixed Techniques
Competency Training is an IECEx Recognised Training Provider, and successful completion of this course delivers the pre-learning required for the following IECEx units: Ex 000 Basic knowledge and awareness to enter a site that includes a classified hazardous area Ex 001 Apply basic principles of protection in explosive atmospheres Ex 003 Install explosion-protected equipment and wiring systems Ex 004 Maintain equipment in explosive atmospheres Ex 006 Test electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres Ex 007 Perform visual and close inspection of electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres Ex 008 Perform detailed inspection of electrical installations in or associated with explosive atmospheres.
An Electrical Licence is required in order for a student to be issued with a Statement of Attainment for all units of competency
Cost : $1800.00 GST exempt.