To support you, the Training Provider, with your application we have broken down the requirements and process into 4 sections when applying for CPD approval. You can read the Guide: How to apply for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) approval (PDF, 414.4 KB) before beginning the process.
- How to Apply for CPD Points (this page)
- Meeting the Criteria – how we assess the CPD Activities
- Assessment process for approval
- Completion of the approval process
Before applying for CPD approval
Before applying, you should consider whether the training or event meets the criteria. We recommend you read Meeting the Criteria – how we assess the CPD activity.
You should apply at least 2 weeks before an activity is held. This will ensure that you receive confirmation of the CPD points before running the activity.
Is a course already approved?
To find if a course is already approved for training / competencies and/or holds nationally accredited status for training:
- go to Registered Training Organisations (RTO) and/or
- refer to the Administrator's Determination - Occupational Licencing (Approved Courses of Training) 2017 (PDF, 498.2 KB).
Content and training requirements
- CBOS requires all proposed CPD training or activities for approval and/or notification
- Course content and deliverables must be current and relevant for anyone attending the course as part of their continuing professional development
- Instructors must have appropriate technical and educational knowledge and experience relevant to the course they are delivering
- The learning environment must be appropriate, safe, supportive and adequately resourced
- Course program must demonstrate relevant information to the industry
- Notify CBOS in writing of any significant change to course structure or content. CBOS monitors courses on a regular basis. We will notify course providers who do not continue to meet the requirements outlined in the accreditation documentation. CBOS will advise of any changes so the course can stay accredited.
- Maintaining the integrity of CPD activities is essential for CBOS to meet the requirements of Competency Based Licensing
- All approved courses and events are subject to auditing by CBOS
How to submit your completed application
Complete the CPD Application form for training providers CBOS will treat all material received as confidential.
Forms & Guides
Where to next
- Meeting the Criteria – how we assess the CPD activity - outlines the subjects that cover CPD, requirements that meet CPD approval and how to evaluate CPD points
- Assessment process for approval - step by step guide of the approval assessment process
- Completion of the approval process - explains the final part of the process
- Administrator's Determination - Occupational Licensing (Approved Courses of Training) 2017 (PDF, 498.2 KB) - This Determination sets out the approved training courses or competencies required to issue a licence, perform prescribed work or work under an exemption order for electricians, plumbers, gas-fitters and auto gas-fitters.
- Administrator's Determination - Occupational Licencing (Continuing Professional Development) Determination 2018 (PDF, 202.0 KB) - This information is for practitioners to meet the legislative continuing profession development requirements by getting / maintaining / developing and applying their skills.
- Occupational Licensing (Building Services Work) Determination 2019