Presented by: Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Study Method: In person
Duration: 2 Hours
CPD Points: 1
Who can attend: All Building Services Providers, Electricians, Gas-Fitters, Nominated Managers, Permit Authorities, Plumbers, Restricted Electrical Licence Holders
Overview: This course provides an overview of the requirements of supervisors and team leaders in the workplace as well as offering participants a practical understanding of the what, why, when, how and who of WHS.
This course provides an understanding of:
- WHS legislation and documentation
- WHS requirements under legislation
- Legal obligations for employees and employers
- Participation requirements for WHS – including safety meetings
- Duty holders and their WHS responsibilities
- Hazard identification, assessment and control of risk
- WHS training, induction and record keeping requirements
This page has been produced and published by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services Division of the Department of Justice. Although every care has been taken in production, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy, completeness, or relevance to the user's purpose of the information. Those using it for whatever purpose are advised to verify it with the relevant government department, local government body or other source and to obtain any appropriate professional advice. The Crown, its officers, employees and agents do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information and/or reliance on its availability at any time.