Training Provider : University of Tasmania - University College
The Diploma of Construction Management is for people who work in building or civil construction and want to take the next step in their career. Students in this course will build from their technical work experience, and develop skills required for roles like Site Supervisor, Contract Administrator, Project Management Associate and Estimating Associate.
- ZAX101 Workplace Relations and Communication
- ZAX103 Legislation and Standards in Construction
- ZAX105 Workplace Project (WHS focus)
- ZAX102 Cost Planning
- ZAX104 Construction Contracts
- ZAX106 Construction Project Management
- And a choice of two elective units from: ZAA140 Lean Lean Thinking in Practice ZAA133 Business Finance ZAA137 Quality Management ZAA150 Procurement Processes and Strategies
Developed in consultation with industry, the Diploma in Construction Management will prepare graduates to:
- manage small teams
- communicate clearly across the range of people who work in building and construction
- understand and comply with legislation and codes
- manage project costs - understand contract requirements
- take a proactive approach to workplace health and safety.
This is a 2 year part-time course - 4 units each year.
CPD Points - Maximum of 8 per ear.
Cost : $4609.00 per year
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building and Construction Indutry Training Board (TBCITB) for eligible building practioners and their employees. Contact the TBCITB for details tbcitb.com.au